2009년 6월 21일 일요일

Adrian Mole Book Report






Book Report
Class & Number: 1118 Name: Hun-woo Ha
Title
The Secret Diary Of Adrian Mole, Aged 13 3/4
Author
Sue Townsend
Publisher & Year
Do-sol & 1994
Vocabularies
*have money to burn : have a countless money
*cooling off : calm down
*doesn't make sense : don't understand
*just my luck : blame for bad luck
*go through a bad patch : take a knock or two
*the RSPCA : The Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animal.
Reflection
I read the secret diary, written by Sue Townsend, with the recommendation from my school teacher. At first, I am really hesitated to read this book. It seemed like dull book written in english. I actually haven't any experience to read the book in english version. I felt pretty burden. More and more pages were passed through, however, I was captivated by it's interesting story regarding Adrian Mole's everyday life. He is a little teenager who is going through a extreme adolescence, having troubles in his family, friends, girls, skin problem. like any one did.
One of the most interesting part of the book is 'observation' of the story. The narrator of the book is Adrian Mole(Of course, this is his own diary), focused on his own thinking as well as interpretation. It makes the book more attractive as well as familiar especially to the teenager. Also it shows how Adrian Mole is still immatured, inducing the humor to the reader. For example, He can't fully understand about the problem between mom and dad in their relationship.





The reader already know what's going on in the story, his parents are now separating and each of them have a different lover, but Adrian is still thinking in wrong way.
As I said earlier, Adrian Mole has a lot of trouble in his relationship , skin problem, future job. Especially, he concerned about the relationship with Pandora, who is the beautiful as well as attractive girl in his school. He truly love her in vain, laming when she get along with the another guy. In art class, he draw some eccentric picture, Nigel(who was the boy friend of Pandora) is in the risk of dying, releasing his concern. The ridiculous thing is that art teacher complement him for good work. It was really humorous. Fortunately, after all, he can be a wonderful boy friend of her. Through his story, we could sympathize a lot of things, regarding the love. We also passed through that experiences, concerning about the girl. Since that kinds of experiences was also the part of my life, I could read the book more interestingly.
In the story, he think that he is the intellectual. So, he read a lot of book, including Animal Farm, Mill on the Floss, Hard Times, and so on. He believe that he must read a lot of meaningful books to activate his brain as 'the intellectual'. He reads a variety of masterpiece, however, he don't understand what they said. What I mean by this is that he can't catch the messages of the book. It was very interesting. For example, 'Animal Farm', written by George Owell, is the book, criticizing the contaminated society of communism. On the other hand, he just said that he would not eat the greedy pig.
To conclude, 'The secret diary' was very interesting as well as familiar to me. I also went through the adolescence, speculating about the problem, regarding the relationship, my aim, and appearances. So, I could fully understand Adrian Mole. It was fantastic book I've ever met. I'm able to release all the stresses through reading the book.

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기